Executive Sous Chef
Frobisher Inn, PO Box 4209, Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada
Thursday, March 19, 2020
We are looking for our next Superstar! Do you have what it takes to join our team of professionals and take on the challenging and exciting role of Sous Chef?
New immigrants are encouraged to apply! Must have legal status to work in Canada.
We are looking for our next superstar! Do you have what it takes to join our team of professionals and take on the challenging and exciting role of Sous Chef at our full-service hotel in Iqaluit, Nunavut?
We are searching for a dynamic leader who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in overall guest satisfaction. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, this individual will be a result driven, outgoing and enthusiastic leader committed to providing results and inspiring the kitchen team to greatness.
Find your adventure in Iqaluit, and your “welcome home” at the Frobisher Inn. This is your place to watch the aurora, mush your sledding dogs, fish our crystal rivers and kayak with the flow. In the North the bond with friends, family and colleagues becomes strong, and your connection with nature becomes intimate. Come meet your adventures by joining the team at the Frobisher Inn.
We are more than a hotel, we are members of a proud Northern community, where all the modern comforts of the city exist side-by-side with traditional ways of life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Regularly review all recipes and product yields to ensure they are accurately costed.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Assist with ensuring that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Assist with the development and updating of all culinary operations manuals.
- Assist with ensuring that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
- Assist with ensuring that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets.
- To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective & teams.
- To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude among all associates.
- To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates, as required.
- Assist with coaching and counseling employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Strong training and coaching skills.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts; days, evenings and weekends
- Physical demand include, but are not limited to walking, standing, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 20-30 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to extremely hot and extremely cold liquids.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment
- Long periods of standing.
Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to join a team of hotel professionals in a 4 star Hotel in a 5 star location
- A competitive salary
- A full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, travel, life and disability insurance
- Extra vacation days
- Annual bonus program
- Travel incentives
What do we offer you ?
- The opportunity to join a team of hotel professionals in a 4 Star Hotel in a 5 Star location!
- A competitive salary.
- A full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, travel, life and disability insurance.
- Extra vacation days.
- Annual bonus program.
- Travel incentives.
- Employee Recognition & Awards.
- and much more!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.