Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security? Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
This role is important because you will be responsible for the management of strategic and operational projects within the Project Control Office. Working to properly integrate projects and to ensure successful delivery by internal teams. You will assist the Director, Project Management in steering projects, and in managing the project triple constraints and risks for projects that support the Strategic Plan.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills, multi-tasking, and decision-making ability
- Proven “can do” attitude and approach to project delivery
- Analytical, logical, systematic methodology/approach to work
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience evaluating proposals and aligning to strategic goals
- Exceptional judgement, strong team player, thorough, and logical
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Excellent project management, research, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Your University Degree and PMP designation or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience, along with five (5) to ten (10) years of direct project management experience will be required. In addition, we are seeking candidates who have a strong track record of project delivery within the pension, insurance or financial industry with a strong foundation in cross-functional, integrated, multi stream project delivery.
- You will provide strong planning and leadership to projects and ensure they are delivered on time and on budget
- In conjunction with the business project leads and internal/external stakeholders you will develop project scope, estimate resources and execute project plans to deliver on approved scope, budget and strategy
- You will develop detailed project plans, schedules, milestone charts and dashboard reports to communicates progress/status
- You will conduct project risk reviews, and audits
- You will provide team leadership critical to the delivery of projects:
- You will partner with various business unit leaders and functional experts to foster awareness, understanding and acceptance for strategic program initiatives to build change readiness and momentum.
- You will assist the Director, Project Management in reviewing emerging risks and issues and work with other Project Managers to help manage and resolve issues that may impact successful project delivery.
- We received the Innovation Award in Plan Design and Reform at the Pensions & Investments' 2018 World Pension Summit
- We also received the Pension Performance Award at the Benefits Canada 2018 Workplace Benefits Awards
- We also received an IABC Gold Quill Award of Excellence for the ROM merger.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- We offer support for your career development goals
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Center in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
If you experience any technical difficulties with applying through Dayforce, please submit your application to email@example.com.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date January 12, 2020